Environmental Impact Assessment
GridLink Interconnector Ltd intends to carry out the construction and operation of the interconnector in accordance with Good International Industry Practices (GIIP), including applying the principles to protect the environment below:
- Avoid, wherever practicable, negative effects on the environment;
- Reduce any negative effects that cannot be avoided as much as reasonably practicable;
- Compensate for any potentially significant residual effects.
Environmental impact assessments will be carried out in accordance with applicable national laws and regulations to evaluate the potential effects on the environment during construction and operations. The assessments will inform the design, planning, construction methods, operation and maintenance of the interconnector.
Please find links to the environmental reports below:
- Chart of subsea cable route
- Map of onshore cable route in France
- Map of converter station site in France
- Map of converter station site in UK